How Adventures on the Gorge acquires your email or mailing address and phone numbers
- The West Virginia Division of Natural Resources requires commercial whitewater operators/outfitters to collect the name, address, age, and phone number of each guest participating on a whitewater raft trip. This information can be filled out in advance, by clicking the link at the bottom of the home page (you will need to know your group leader's customer and reservation number), or the morning of your trip. Guests, who would like to receive e-newsletters, special updates, hot deals, and high water alerts, may add their email address at the bottom of the check-in form. We use this information to mail our brochure annually.
- Adventures on the Gorge's website has several forms. You may fill out one of the on-line forms to receive snail mail, quotes, or e-newsletters and other information.
- Adventures on the Gorge is linked from several different adventure and lodging websites. Requests for information by you on these sites are forwarded to Adventures on the Gorge.
- If you do not want to receive an annual brochure, please call our office and ask to be removed from this list.
How can I start or stop receiving e-mail from Adventures on the Gorge?
If you would like Adventures on the Gorge to remove you from our email database, from the email you received, simply hit the Unsubscribe button in any email you've received from us. If you don't see that button, hit your "reply" key, and type the word, "unsubscribe" in the body of the email. Then send the email. You may also call our office at 304-467-7851 during office hours and ask for the manager, if you have any questions about your privacy.
What other information does Adventures on the Gorge keep about me?
When making a reservation, either by phone or on-line or a payment, we collect your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card. Adventures on the Gorge maintains a secure server for on-line reservations or payments. This information is encrypted to protect your personal information.
Do you share my information with other companies?
- Adventures on the Gorge is a member of a group of outfitters, "Adventure Gateway." These members are the top outfitters across the United States. We know each of the "Adventure Gateway" owners personally and share similar environmental values, offer similar quality trips, and provide excellent customer service. Occasionally we will mail one of the "Adventure Gateway" member's brochures to you. If you would prefer not to receive a brochure from one of these members, please call our office to have your name removed.
- Adventures on the Gorge also partners in our regional tourism industry. We may send an email or their behalf, however, we will not sell, loan or otherwise share with them our email list.