From the ancient river that courses through the New River Gorge to the thrilling rapids of the Gauley River, whitewater is what made us who we are. But, today, it is far from all we are.
True, our region is home to some of the best whitewater rafting in the world, but it is also a mecca for a vast range of other outdoor sports. So, while Adventures on the Gorge was founded on the rivers, we can’t ignore the ziplining, rock climbing, mountain biking, and hiking opportunities surrounding us—and we don’t think you should either.
Into the Trees
Adventures on the Gorge offers aerial adventures ranging from a scenic canopy tour to high-speed ziplines and aerial challenge course.
● Experience 10 ziplines, 5 sky bridges, and a rappel on the TreeTops Zipline Canopy Tour.
● Head to Gravity Ziplines for an exhilarating hill-top zipline course that includes everything from a 500-foot warm-up zip to the 3150-foot Adrena-Line.
● If you are looking for a challenge for the whole family, head to TimberTrek Adventure Park. There, you can embark on a course that includes 60 platforms, bridges, ziplines, and other obstacles designed for a variety of fitness levels and ages.
Hit the Trails
With options ranging from bike rides to nature hikes, you can speed through the hills or take things slow and enjoy the scenery.
● Take on the region’s mountain biking routes. Options range from challenging single-track to historic rail trails.
● Enjoy picturesque views of the New River Gorge on a guided hike. A local guide leads the way and provides details about the surrounding flora and fauna as well as the area’s history and geology.
● Add some color—and adrenaline—to your woodland adventures by teaming up friends for a paintball game.
Climb to New Heights
The rock walls of the New River Gorge draw climbers from across the globe, and we are lucky enough to have them in our backyard—so don’t miss out.
On the Water
While whitewater might be our first love, our surrounding waterways have more to offer than just rafting.
For more adventures, check out horseback riding opportunities, the BridgeWalk, the Epic Escape Game, and team-building challenges—all offered through our third-party partners.
If you want to experience everything we have to offer, please call one of our adventure specialists at 855-379-8738.